Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to work - after the Holidays...


Today was my first day back to work after taking some time off for the holidays. I felt like a school boy again - anxious and nervous about going back to work. Preston and I both had to get back into our morning routine. He was excited about going back to daycare since he was also on a little break spending time with Amanda and I during the holidays. Mornings are bonding moments for us... He loves to lay in bed and watch Franklin and Blues Clues while I am getting ready. Then it's his turn to brush his teeth and get ready for school. It's sometimes a challenge, but we manage.

This morning he was very excited as he was rushing me to hurry to get ready..."come on Daadd - go to schoool". Then he would change gears on me and ask me, "where Grandma, Grandpa and Aunteeeee?" He got use to seeing my Mom, Dad and sister as they took time to come visit us for Christmas.

We both left the house with plenty of time and I was able to drop him off at daycare with enough time for me to jump on the freeway and start my busy Monday back at the office.

I have to admit, it was hard leaving him at daycare because I enjoyed spending time with him....I wish I could spend every day with him. All I could think of today while in various meetings was getting home to give my baby boy a big hug and see how his day at daycare went. I knew he was excited to see and play with his buddies. The best thing is getting home and being greeted by Preston and Amanda ...oh and little Maddi (even though I will not always admit it).

No comments:

Post a Comment