Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Life Milestones: 44th Presidential Inauguration & Potty Training

As I woke this morning, I was excited to see the 44th Presidential Inauguration. The first time in history that an African American became the President of the United States of America. The greatest Country on Earth. As we headed of to daycare and work in the morning as we do every workday; Preston said, "Dad - PooPoo". I said, okay, do you want to go in your potty? Yes, he replied. So, I helped and he did his business... I was thrilled inside because this was the first time I experienced this moment. I was so proud of him and as I praised him, he was proud of himself. We high fived and laughed. It was a moment that I will never forget. This was a huge milestone in his development as a toddler and where we are at in his potty training. While at daycare he has been working on this with Karen and Amanda has also been working with him too. However, this was the first time he expressed he needed to go and indicated to me where he should go.

I was so proud as you can tell. We dashed to school and I headed to work... well at work, we were on the internet watching the activities of the 44th Presidential Inauguration. I didn't care about meetings or deadlines, but only to watch or have a piece of history. Our country has made great strides, but we will have to continue through this journey. As I was watching the news via the internet, I was thinking about Preston and what he was doing during this time. Well, from the note Karen sent out... it appears he was also watching a piece of history.



Note from Daycare:

We deviated from our planned activities for today to watch the Presidential
inauguration festivities on TV. They played for most of it. But I
had them sit to watch the swearing in ceremony and captured it on camera.
This is definitely a history making day and some day our children might be so
inclined to talk about how they witnessed it. Enjoy.




Have a
blessed day.

Karen Charles

What a great day to be an American and a Dad!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment