Well, yesterday morning I got up and cleaned up a little... our maid didn't make it so, I often try to pick up so that the house looks semi decent. However, I am realizing that with a little picking up it can sometimes it goes a long way...Well after doing that; I went to Starbucks and grabbed my usual - Grande Non-Fat Latte with two Splenda's to be exact and the Sunday paper. I quickly look at the Sports and Business sections for any major headlines. The Dallas Cowboys are not in the Playoffs and the Economy is in a downward spiral. When I got home both Amanda and I started to look at the paper... she'll tackle the specials while I grab the comics for Preston. It was about 10:00 a.m. and I could tell Preston was ready for something different. I asked him if he wanted to ride his Jeep. Sure enough the answer was "Okay" in his cute little voice. So, I was excited since the weather was very beautiful that morning.
We enjoyed the backyard for a while and he rode his jeep while I chased him around. We also played our ball game. I will line up the variety of balls he has from a soccer ball, basketball, football to random cartoon character plastic balls. He will line up the balls from the smallest to the biggest; then the count down begins...1-2-3 there goes Preston kicking/throwing the balls. It's fun to watch him because he gets so excited. We played this a couple of times then he thought it was fun to peg Dad with the balls. I have to say, he likes to play rough sometimes and he gets a such a kick out of the rough stuff. He is such a little boy! Well, after playing in the backyard, I thought it would be fun to go the park. That's when the real fun started...
Once at the Park by our house, we noticed we had the park all to ourselves. I told him, Preston it's only you and me at the park. We have it all to ourselves. We played and I would chase him around and we would laugh. He was the leader and I would follow the obstacle course he had me going through. I loved going down the slides and swinging... I even told myself... what a great stress reliever!!! Heck-I might have been having more fun than Preston. Preston would stand on top of the slide and say "I am King"!!! This is one of his new little phrases. I am not sure which cartoon he got this from. Anyhow, I had such a blast running around with him and laughing. I had to take a break to rest. I told myself this is fun and the weather is so beautiful. The fresh air was great!!! I was so thankful for the gift of time with my son. I looked up at the blue clear sky and said...Thank you God for these moments.
I had a great time at the Park! Love you Preston!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think back to months ago, when I would visit and take Preston to Willow Bend... he would stand on top of the artificial steak or ketchup and yell something before jumping... never knew what he was saying.... but all along he was saying "I am king".... it's amazing to see Preston develop ... I feel so blessed to be part of Preston's life...
ReplyDelete